There is a red made for every woman, and a woman who knows her red, ain’t supposed to be messed with. If I were a color, I know I’d be red. I am a Ruby Woo on my lips, Merlot for my hair, crimson on my feet and I know for a fact that I am Marcella on my Gowns.
The people who know me closely know one thing about me, I love Adele. She is my lady crush, someone I look up to, I believe it was her who made me fall for fashion for the plus in the first place. it all started when I first saw her ever famous Albert Hall Concert on YouTube (“Set Fire to the Rain” is still my favorite).
The idea for this outfit started had seeded in the moment when I had watched Adele online in a concert where she was wearing this beautiful Marcella gown and was performing in front of thousands of fans. As I have mentioned earlier, Kritika (owner, CurvesOnStyle) and I have had long conversations before finalizing the outfits for me.
We discussed how I wanted a Marcella off-shoulder gown, with a free long flow skirt that’d make me wanna twirl. And it did make me wanna twirl, all the time, during the shoot, as you may see in the pictures. Now I didn’t want my skirt too fluffy, so we didn’t use a can-can here, but one may totally use it under the skirt, to add that princess fluff to the gown.
The best part about this outfit was that it was so light-weight I loved it. The outfit is fully lined and simply pretty. CurvesOnStyle paid particular attention to the color and fall of the skirt, something I wanted specifically right.
The place we chose here was a beautiful restaurant in Udaipur called Khama Ghani. This place is the perfect blend of hospitality and ambiance. And the food? Well, it was amazing!
It was a fun shoot, I had a great time. I felt so pretty in this dress, and I couldn’t help twirl most of the time. CurvesOnStyle was really helpful designing this outfit for me.
If you like this blog, give it a big thumbs-up! Aso, show me some love and subscribe to my blog, if you want to say something, do share your views in the comment box below. I promise to respond as soon as I see it.
This year is all about creating your own story. Your CurvyDivaChic has always got your back! Stay Loved!
The Unapologetic Curvy Boho
She is like the wind through the trees…
She is like the mellows in the meadows
She is the light of your star… the moon of my path…
She is the one I intend to be.
She’s there when you thought light dawned…
She stood by your side when life took you by the Frawn…
Amidst all that chaos she stood… Like a firefly tearing the darkness away…
Blinking its way through the wild and dark… She knew she’ll save you one day…
She’s here… She’s there… She’s everywhere you see…
She’s wild, she’s free… She’s all that you ever wanted to be…
Today I am going to discuss something very important. Read this very carefully.
It’s one thing to be humble, it’s another thing to be self loathing. There is a bleak line between the two. Bleak, but powerful enough to destroy oneself completely. Being a plus size person, I have been judged way more than an average woman. Reason? We live in a visual world. And a lot of decisions are based on the appearance.
Don’t Judge the book by it’s cover.
But people often fail to understand that. So what do we do now? Well, we can’t please the world, but can take care of our own happiness. That’s what I did and the world became all red yellow green again.
Enough with the heavy! How have you been my lovely ladies? I had an amazing time working on the upcoming blog posts and I am so excited about sharing my experience with you all. I have been trying to post this blog since a while now, but couldn’t find the right words to put into So decided to keep it serene and amazing, even though I had to wait really long for a good blog post. So here I am, sharing my experience with you all.
The Venue: We chose Gulaab Bagh for the shoot, which is in Udaipur. It was initially a zoo, but the zoo now has been moved to a much bigger place now, which is now called the Biological Park. This place has since then been converted into a jogger’s park, open to public. Serene as it is, the most amazing part about this place is it’s greenery. It has both asphalt and non concrete grounds for the joggers to choose from.
Outfit: The dress was a love at first sight from StalkBuyLove, an online fashion store. The details of the co-ordinates are oh-so beautiful, it made me go gaga over it the moment I laid my eyes on them. The belt is made up of lace, and has crochet work on it. What I loved the most was the details on the blouse, those dangling snow-flakish crochet droplets, that look like pearls. The outfit is so comfortable, the material is oh-so-soft that I can wear it everyday. The blouse if fully lined, which is really important for the crush-crepe material. The skirt is partially lined, which gives a sassy sheer to the legs, but only against the light. Overall, I loved the dress. 🙂
A Few Realizations I Had After This Shoot:
• If you have broad shoulders and big arms, cold shoulders are for you! They divide the attention and thus make you look prettier.
• Coordinates surprisingly suit me well. So I am open to more experimentation now.
• Dogs Love me .😉
• Green background enhances your look, or maybe I am more of a nature person.
• Candid shoots are the best.
• It’s very important to have fun during shoots, for better pictures, and off course you have a hell of a day!
• Nudes and Beige colors may surprise you more than you think.
• If you don’t know what to do while you pose, Try Looking for something on the ground, or look for somebody. (JOEY Reference: Only hard-core FRIENDS fans will understand this).
• I lost two rings in this shoot . 🙁
• I am indeed an Unapologetic Curvy Boho!
• I looooovvveeeee laughing out loud… And my laughter is so contagious it can make people go Bizarre and red in the cheeks with laughter! With laughter! [My photographer, the crew members and the people who were around agree with me].
• Mosquito Repellents might come handy at a location like this. [And I mean it!]
• Carry an extra pair of flat footwear in a location like this. Heels may dig in the soil. Use heels for the camera, and flats for hopping spots for the shoot.
• Your photographer works really hard on the shoot. Always be thankful to him for that.
• The ultimate challenge was to figure out what to do with your hands while getting shot! 😛